LANTRA Shotgun Coach Course
- Safe shotgun handling (mirroring the client)
- The shotgun; Understanding shotgun performance
- The shotgun cartridge
- Cleaning and maintenance – range of shotguns
- The role of the shotgun coach; Learning styles & shooting methods
- The Basic Shooting Lesson 1(Introduction; Master Eye dominance; Stance; Gun fit; Relating target to barrels; addressing targets)
- Basic health and safety and shotgun use
- Wider safety considerations related to the coaching process
- Basic shooting lesson – practical
- Action planning
Lantra registration, certification, course materials, equipment and refreshments included.
Minimal or no previous experience of coaching is expected of candidates. Candidates may progress into basic coaching or training roles as part of a clearly defined work role within a supervised shooting ground or school environment. Provides a sound grounding to build upon the Basic Standard Lesson necessary as a foundation block for all shotgun coaching awards. Candidates must be experienced and proficient in handling a shotgun safely and effectively.
The aim of the assessment is to ensure quality training and any successful candidate has the understanding and ability to operate and use equipment as appropriate within a competent working environment, in a manner that promotes and maintains the highest standards of operational safety. It should be impressed on candidates that only experience and practice will enable them to manage a firearm and operate safely in a range of working situations and avoid undue risks.
Min. age to enrol 16. You must not be a prohibited person under Section 21 of the Firearms Act to handle a firearm.
To book, please call Ann Litchfield on 07980 284549