Experienced Cook – Full Time / Sociable Hours
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 8.30am – 5pm
We are looking for a lead cook to take charge of our brand-new café, producing a range of meals including breakfasts, simple hot and cold lunches, and cakes.
We require someone who:
- Has 2+ years’ experience within a commercial kitchen environment.
- Can produce good-quality, aesthetically pleasing meals.
- Understands and complies with all Food Hygiene legislation.
- Has experience of stock control and food costing.
- Ensures the kitchen, prep areas and stores are kept clean and tidy.
- Has the confidence to work on their own, but also the ability to manage a small part-time team when required.
- Has experience dealing with customers, using a till and handling card/cash payments.
- Is enthusiastic, hardworking, and looking for a new challenge.
Whilst most days will see individuals and small groups visiting, we have regular events which see 120+ people through over the course of the day, so you will be happy working under pressure and managing a small part-time team.
We are looking for someone to make this role their own and use their initiative during any quiet periods to make sure time is utilised effectively. This could be anything from developing a new menu item, to liaising with marketing to promote this.
In return we can offer a full-time position, working sociable hours with no split shifts. There are lots of additional perks too, including but not limited to:
- Company Pension.
- Private Health Cover.
- Life Assurance Cover.
- Referral/Recruitment Bonus.
- Group-wide Product Discounts.
- Study/Training Support Scheme.
Due to our location, you will need a driving licence or access to transport, as we are located in a rural location.
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Store discount
Work Location: In person
To Apply for this role please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org